Compassionate Heart Therapy
A safe place to discover, heal, and grow.
Schedule a free consultation today!
Does this sound familiar?
You want to be confident and happy but instead, you’re feeling:
- Worried about what life will throw at you next
- No one understands what you’ve been through
- Powerless to take control of your life
- Lost and not knowing what to do next
- Overwhelmed by all the decisions in front of you
Life doesn’t have to stay this way.
I provide therapy for adults using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help you challenge and change self-defeating thoughts and actions so you can achieve your goals. My therapy focuses on developing insight into problems, identifying weaknesses, developing strengths, and making realistic, meaningful changes.
Each session, we will come up with one small thing you can start doing differently. My goal is for you to walk away feeling understood, empowered, and more confident in your ability to overcome life’s trials.
Hello! My name is Jessica Sullivan and I’m here to help.
Anxiety is often overlooked and downplayed as just being a personality quirk to laugh at (just look at any sitcom, there’s always a character like this), but for someone who has to live with an anxious brain and body, it’s no joking matter.
The advice that’s often given to the anxious person is to “just relax” as if it’s that simple. This is usually meant to be helpful but out of their own ignorance of what real anxiety is actually like, it just makes you start to wonder if there’s something wrong with you for struggling like you are.
Having anxiety does not mean anything is wrong with you, it just means your nervous system (in charge of your fight/flight/freeze response) is overactive and more sensitive to threats than the average population.
Learn the tools you need to overcome your anxiety and feel like yourself again.
I’ve been trained to help people who are struggling to adjust to big changes in their life: feeling stuck in a relationship, losing someone close to you, starting a new job, being laid off, going to college, not knowing what to do once you have graduated, and the list goes on.
Life will continue to throw us curve balls and it’s our job to navigate where to go from here. Sometimes the path is a yellow brick road to our destination but usually, the path either splits into multiple directions or it disappears altogether.
I’m here to offer some help in finding the road again or deciding which direction to go in.
How Therapy Works
- Reach out today. I’ll answer any questions you have and you can be sure we’re a good fit.
- We will work together to understand what’s been holding you back from living up to your full potential.
- Each session we will come up with a practical goal for you to work on to start making the changes you want in your life.
- Together we will discover what works, what doesn’t, and why.
- You will find joy in life again and you’ll be ready to handle anything life throws at you.
You don’t have to keep self-sabotaging. I can help you rediscover your strengths.
Remember: “Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” A quote possibly from Einstein but definitely from some genius in their own right 🙂